Monday, December 8, 2008

Busy...

Last week I was busy decorating my house for Christmas, driving carpools, going to Baylee's basketball games, paying bills, cleaning my house and washing ALL the sheets, doing laundry, scouts, festival of trees, bunko, celebrating my mother-in-laws birthday, planning and hosting a surprise party for my friend Jen, and trying to catch some rest when I could. I accomplished a lot and I'm glad the decorating is done. Now I can enjoy...

We went fake this year for our very first time and I think it's worth it but I really miss the smell of the real tree and the tradition of going to get one but we didn't have time this year and anything to simplify is a good thing and it does simplify. I don't have to water it or clean up all the pine needles.

Avaree got her tree with "rainbow lights" this year.

Stockings are hung.

Garland is up.


While I was decorating... Avaree was busy decorating Lainey.

What a patient dog.


I bought discount tickets to the Festival of Trees so I had to go and I'm glad we did. Avaree loved it. She was in awe of every tree, every display, every gift, and all the lights. Christmas is so exciting!! She also wanted her picture taken with EVERY tree.


We did a tree in honor of my Mom the year after she passed.

See... I had to pry her away.

For Bunko we were supposed to wear bad Christmas sweaters. It was classic. The bad sweaters age everyone 10 years easily.

Happy Birthday Linda!

We had a surprise party for my cute pregnant friend, Jen. She is barely 26 weeks along and she is carrying identical twins in the same sack. She is really high risk and they admitted her to the hospital on Sunday to monitor her at all times. Her parents and in-laws are both serving out of the country for the church. She had to hire a nanny to be with her 6, 4, and 2 year old. Her husband wanted to throw a party for her the night before she goes to the hospital, so we did. We had a great turn out and it was fun but poor Jen was having contractions and she was emotional about leaving her kids. You could only imagine all the anxiety and stress she must be under. Our prayers are with her and her family.


Avaree and Weston having their own party in their new Christmas PJs!

11 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Nordfelt said...

I was thinking that we should have a get together with the girls from student government. I would love to see everyone again. Your house is gorgeous. Come decorate mine!

Tristie hearts Dax said...

i busted out laughing when i saw that dog. that can NOT be real! how can she just SIT there?! So funny. Love your tree Kar. We always cut ours but my hubby and I are debating on going fake next year...it DOES take work. But my apartment smells heavenly!
Anyway, love seeing pics of your house. It looks beautiful.

SUMMER said...

Hi- call me when you get this... and your tree and house are stunning!

Cowan Family said...

Your house is so beautiful!! I'm supper jelous. What a patient dog you have. Avaree is so funny. I should have taken my girls to the fesitval of trees I bet they would have loved it too.

melissa said...

Okay, Karlin. Where's your sweater with the tacky Santa Clause embroidered on the chest?! You look fine!

Brooke said...

You're house and trees look amazing!! I love the decorations this time of year.

Newmans said...

I think I would go crazy in your shoes! You are a busy woman. Such a cute family you have.

karlin said...

my christmas sweater didn't have a blinking nose on it but it was homemade and the sleeves were a little too short.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I love your tree...and cute kiddos!

janet said...

sleeves too short doesn't count as an old school sweater... but whatev.

love the house. way to go doing EVERYTHING during this busy time of year!