Friday, October 12, 2007

Vegas/Cali Vacation

I am still playing a little catch up. Just wanted to post this. The weekend of October 12th was fall break from school for Baylee and Griffin and Jason's brother, Brandon, was graduating from the Marine Corp boot camp in San Diego so we decided to head to good ol' Southern Cal. We broke the drive up by stopping in Vegas. We stayed at the Monte Carlo. We met up with my best friends Janet and Francine while we were there. (Janet lives in Vegas and Fran just happened to be there visiting) We tried to catch some rays at the pool, and of course ate at a buffet. Then we drove early in the morning to make it to Brandon's graduation in San Diego. After that we spent the day in San Diego... eating good Mexican food and going to the Mormon Batallion. We stayed in trailers on the beach. The rest of the time we spent with Jason's fam... and of course had to eat at Wahoo's! Man, we miss that place. We stayed in Vegas again on the way back and determined to fit some more sunshine in while we could, we stopped in St. George and went to a funny place called Fiesta Fun (I think) It had go carts and bumper cars and boats. It was silly but fun. All in all we had a good time. It is hard to travel with kids! It was good to be home. Jason and Avaree at Gameworks in Vegas

Trev and Bay at Gameworks... thanks for coming Trevor, and helping with the kids!

Weston trying to fit in a nap. Nap time on vacation? Doesn't work.

Francine, Janet and I at the pool. (I need a tan and unfortunately I didn't get one)

Avaree and Aspen... so cute together!

Avaree... exhausted in our hotel room. Isn't that a funny picture?

The family at Brandon's graduation (Jason's Dad came down from Utah as well)

Brandon the Marine! We are so proud of you!



Avaree playing with her favorite cousin Audrey Rose. (The two get into mischief together)

Jason's sisters... Viviane, Paulette, and Sarah

Our little family at the Pier in San Clemente

Weston and I (twins in grey) at Fiesta Fun in St. George!











5 comments:

val said...

Cute. I love being able to see what you guys have been up to. Looks like fun was had in Vegas and Cali! Thanks for the tag...I'm working on it!:)

Sara Decker said...

Karlin- you are looking so cute as always. Fun trip. I hope we can see you guys soon. We will be in Utah for Christmas.

RaeLynn said...

Karlin! We are now officially blogger friends. I love finding people I haven't seen in forever through blogs. First things first: your family is gorgeous. I love that you are raising your siblings. What an example you are to so many people. And not to seem shallow--but HELLO, you are as beautiful as ever. You look fantastic. I'm glad I found you!

janet said...

Can I just say that I LOVE you blogging?! It's so good to see all your pictures.. I know I am commenting on every post of yours, but I don't care.. I have a lot to say, okay??

First of all, that picture of Avaree in the hotel is so darling, but it makes me feel really hot. Her cheeks are so cute and round!

Next, the one of cute cousins needs to be framed! I love that they are sitting right by the danger sign.. that will be a priceless one when they are teenagers. that's a keeper.

Moving on to the family picture by the pier... who needs a Christmas photo shoot when you have this? It's so cute and could totally be sent out with cards. Too bad Weston only has one shoe on, but it's really so cute of everyone.

Lastly, and definitely least important. I have so many wrinkles in that picture of the three of us. Granted, everyone looks bad next to Fran's perfect skin, but seriously look at those crows feet! I guess all those years of using baby oil to tan has a downside. Botox, here I come.

okay, that's it for now. Love you, Karly!

Tracy said...

I miss Wahoo's too! I also miss our friends and of course, the endless summer.