Friday, November 16, 2007

Book Group

I am part of a great book group! I love all the ladies in it and we have great discussions. This month we read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is about a women writer and her journey to find happiness and God. It was interesting. I didn't love the book though because I couldn't totally relate. She left her husband because she wasn't happy and she went and lived in Italy, India, and Indonesia to find herself. I liked learning about other cultures and it was interesting to read about the first time she prayed, etc. Praying is something I just grew up doing and probably something I take for granted at times. I feel so blessed to have been raised in the church and to have known all my life that I am a daughter of God. I didn't have to try and figure that out at age 35. Anyway that is my 2 cents on the book for all you readers out there. (I actually didn't finish it all either)

Some of the ladies in the book group... Katherine (with baby James), Me, Alison, and Brandee

1 comments:

janet said...

I saw that book/author on Oprah. I really liked that she said you need to get what YOU want out of life. And to ask yourself everyday, "What do I really, really, really want?" And then answer it in a journal. I know what I want, but not what I really (X3) want.. and so that question is frustrating for me. Anyway, fun that you have a book group. We have one, but they are all reading Twilight :)