Monday, November 12, 2007

Granite Bay, CA

Jason's sister, Paulette, lives in Granite Bay, California. (a little town outside of Sacramento) It is beautiful. They are doing a big addition to their house so we flew out there for 4 days so Jason could help them with their electrical and plumbing. I came along to watch the kids and hang out with Paulette while the guys worked. Baylee and Griffin stayed home with my brother Brady. Paulette had to work the first 2 days we were there, so I stayed at their house and hung out with the kids all day. The next 2 days, Paulette and I took the kids to the zoo and we attempted some shopping (the best you can with crying, tired children). Of course, we ate at some yummy places that you can't get in Utah... Pick Up Stix, Chipotle, & Inn N Out. We had fun... other than the lack of sleep. We flew in early Thursday morning and that night we stayed up til 1:00 a.m. talking and Weston woke up at 4:00 a.m. and didn't go back to sleep. He is such a good sleeper, don't ask me what that was all about?? We are still trying to catch up. We got home late last night. Avaree and Weston were so exhausted they slept in until noon! (I loved every minute of it) Oh, and yes, I gave up on potty training for now. 3 and a half months of work... and I didn't accomplish anything.

The addition... it is going to be awesome! (see the existing house?)

Snack time

Bathing in the farmhouse sink since the bathroom was under construction

It was the perfect size for Weston

Avaree thought it was a pretty cool "tub"

Silly girls

Audrey and Avaree... pretty cousins

This is how the whole weekend was... at least one child was crying or whining at all times (from exhaustion)

Weston swinging

Tire swing (the weather was beautiful for November)

At the Zoo


Audrey and Paulette on the train ride, tickets please!

Weston, Avaree, and I on the steam train

So tired


TWINS
Of course, after shopping we had to get something matching!

Sad faces
Loves

Surprised faces

Weston and Jason... twins too in blue? (one of the only times Jason laid down other than sleeping) That night John's parents fed us all dinner. It was so nice to have a home cooked meal that I didn't have to cook.

Watching a movie and eating cheese quesadillas (Paulette has a talent for making quesadillas) If you look close, you can see that the girls colored all over themselves.
Thanks for having us John and Paulette. We love you guys!

4 comments:

SUMMER said...

No way! Why did Kristy not update me on any of this? So- they obviously Paulette and John have a little girl? She is gorgeous! How close are her and Avaree? How fun for them!!! Granite Bay is in Nor. Cal right? I bet it was so pretty! There house will be amazing!!! WOW!

SUMMER said...

P.S. I CAN"T even believe that your kids slept in until noon... what the???? I am lucky if mine sleep in until 7:00 am!

Francine said...

Maybe it's best for both you and Avaree to take a break from potty training. I'm really sorry it's been such a struggle. I wish I could do more to help. I think you are doing a better job than I could. Every kid is different. Aspen has a really hard time smiling natural for the camera and Avaree smiles so cute everytime for a picture. Look at her taking instruction in these pictures with Audrey (who is so cute by the way). Looks like you had a great time. Your pics were fun to look at.

Tracy said...

Those two little girls are really cute together. How fun for them to have a girl cousin the same age to grow up with!