Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dedicated to Jason...

Jason, Jason he's our man if he can't do it NO one can.
I can't think of a better statement to describe my husband. He can and will do anything he puts his mind to! I am dedicating this well deserved post to him. He is the hardest working person I've ever met. He is a general contractor and owns his own company Kessler Hatch, Inc. He's actually owned a few businesses in his short lifetime (all successful I might add). His success comes from his own hard work. He's not afraid to get down and dirty and learn everything he needs to know and teach himself. He never went to school officially to learn about his trade (and don't get me wrong, we both think school is important and a must) but he is a self taught man and honestly didn't have the patience for school. He knows how to build and fix anything. I am not lying when I tell you he knows everything about the entire process of building a house. He has his own crew that does most of the trades themselves. In fact, he's a little obsessed with business, economics, politics, history, stocks, and anything to do with learning or making money. As I'm sure most of you are aware... the construction industry is probably one of the worst industries to be in right now. The market is slow and people can't qualify for loans, etc. We have had a stressful year to say the least but I'm very proud to say, thanks to Jason, that we sold the homes we had available and we are going to make it! Jason is smart and my favorite quality is his honesty!! It's surprising how many business men are dishonest and justify their dishonesty because "it's business." Jason would screw himself before someone else and I know we have been blessed for his honest, hard work. Jason found all his buyers and made all the deals happen himself (he needs to be a real estate agent and mortgage officer too). He sold them for good deals and I'm so grateful for all that he sacrifices for our family. Unfortunately, one of the things he has sacrificed is his health. He had back surgery last year and has not felt well all year. Most people wouldn't know because he works through it but he officially can't anymore. He is going to get his back fused next week on Sept 18th. It's a big, scary surgery that I will go into more detail about later... we are both nervous but excited that one day he might be out of pain. Here are some pictures of the most recent homes he has built and sold...
Oh, he put all the yards in too...

This is his Mom's home. I LOVE the red!

Keep in mind, he started all of these 6,000 to 7,000 sq foot homes last fall and worked through the worst winter and is finishing their basements and done other jobs in the meantime. Anyone who has ever built a home or remodeled a home understands how long it takes. Jason is record fast (which would explain why I never see him). I can brag because he is my husband and I sacrifice too so that he can accomplish all he does.

Another little tidbit of info was they did arrest the guy who was breaking into all these homes and stealing but he is out on bail and roaming the neighborhood again. Hopefully we can get him behind bars one of these days and he better hope that Jason never catches him breaking into anything of ours again.

On a lighter note, this is Jason eating a prime rib dinner to celebrate the close of a home. It is his favorite and one of the only ways he copes with his stress is by enjoying a good prime rib.

I'm always up for a good dinner out that I don't have to cook!

Jason also loves fishing and rarely goes, so this weekend he took Baylee and Griffin and his 3 younger brothers out camping, hiking, and fishing. He prepared all the food himself including their tin foil dinners. I stayed home and enjoyed a relatively quiet weekend with Avaree and Weston. Jason was so thoughtful and even made me a yummy tin foil dinner to enjoy while they were gone. I just need to add... what man happily takes on raising 2 extra children? He sincerely treats them like they were his own and never complains about the extra stress or responsibility. I'm so grateful and feel so blessed. If you can't tell by now... I love my hubby!!

21 comments:

Heather said...

Karin,
You are so sweet! I only wish you were still here in cali so I could enjoy how wonderful you and your family are :) Those homes are beautiful! Way to go Jason!! That is talent for sure!

Tracy the GREAT said...

You are BOTH awesome. Jason is a great guy, and he got a great gal! I hope everything goes well with the surgery. I am sure it is very emotional and stressful. Let me take your kids!!! Everything will turn out great and you'll be enjoying lots of fun together soon! Thanks for letting us into your life....

Brooke said...

I hope everything goes well with his surgery next week- scary. Our husbands have so much in common it is ridiculous! (Both own their own construction company, have owned other businesses, their educations came from experience and not schooling, brilliant and obsessive about finances, stocks, loans, etc., and both have back problems! Crazy). We should really hang out- they would have a ton to talk about! :)

Azy said...

We ALL love Jason. He is such a great guy and so perfect for our Karlin. Good luck with the surgery and hopefully i'll be seeing you wednesday!

Shannon said...

What an awesome post about your hubby! He is a very talented man! I hope that everything goes ok for him next week!

Anonymous said...

Those houses are beautiful on the outside, I can only imagine what they look like on the inside.
I love that you brag for him and about him. How cute, it's like you are still newly weds.
good luck with the surgery. Those can be pretty tough but I think most people feel better once they recover from the surgery.

Errin said...

Wow...I think our husbands are the same. Brandon is a contractor,and also owns his own business. I totally understand the stress. Congrats on the success, and I hope everything goes well with his surgery.

Di said...

I have been so stressed with building our house and it's taking so long... too bad I didn't have a builder like your hubby... he does a wonderful job! Sounds like a great guy. Best wishes on the surgery.

janet said...

For as much as I love you and never thought you could get a guy that was worthy (the very reason why I hated all your boyfriends!) I honestly believe that you hit the jackpot with Jason. I have always loved him and think you two are so perfect for each other. It makes me so happy to see you with someone who takes care of you and your family! THIS is what life is all about-- working hard and sacrificing for the ones you love.

This surgery is going to be CRAZY! I only wish I was there to help you with your kids so that you can take care of your husband! Make sure to ask for help!! Love you both! You deserve all the success you've had because you never let it get to your head.. and because it's never been important to you!

Love you!

cory and tara said...

Cory always speaks so highly of Jason. I'm sorry he has to have surgery again. Will he be at TOSH again? Dr. Berry? (or is it Fogg) I don't remember. Let me know. I can talk to whoever the nurses are the night before (I actually might be there) and have them save him a private room. Let me know.

Amelia said...

I've never met Jason, but he seems like a special guy.

Cathy said...

Karlin, what a sweet post. I don't know Jason well now but what I remember from college is his ability to love. I remember him always going to the extra mile to help someone, even if they were a complete stranger.

Sara Decker said...

I have always thought that Jason is so great. You are so lucky to have such a great guy. We will keep him in our prayers and hope all goes well with the surgery. All of the houses are amazing that he built. Hopefully someday I will be able to live in a home he builds! Miss you guys.

janet said...

We all want to live in a house built by Jason! What a man, what a man, what a might good man. Yes he is.... someone stop me.

I forgot to say that the red on his mom's house is pretty.

Francine said...

I love to hear you talk about Jason and how much you love him!

SUMMER said...

I love Jason! I hope everything goes well with his surgery... I am sure it will! I want to send him up some "goldfish" to help him feel better! LOL! xoxo

Danielle said...

Good luck with surgery. That is scary.

Now I wanna see the KARLIN post!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Jason seems really awesome! I wish him a speedy recovery.

val said...

I love Jason now too after that sweet post :)
He is quite the guy and I'm so glad he's yours. You deserve the best.
Good luck with the surgery. I would BE HAPPY to help in any way I can. Please let me know.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I know sometimes I hear people complainng about their lazy husbands and I think to myself..I am really blessed because my husband is a hard worker too! Also that is the biggest steak I have ever seen!!!

kennyandkristin said...

Good Luck on Thursday. Even though I don't know Jason, it seems like I have gotten to know him through your blog. He sounds like an amazing man. Jason will be in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.