Thursday, October 23, 2008

cute, cute bag...

and i made it?!!
i'm really not a talented sewer. my friend put together a sewing class that i've been looking forward to attending because i've had a sewing machine for years and i don't know how to use it. let's just say this bag was not for a beginner. good thing the teacher was patient and willing to help me A LOT. lesson learned... sewing is harder than it looks. there were ten of us or so that made bags. i wish i had a picture of us all with our cute bags in different fabrics. they turned out cute (just don't look close at mine).

it's even reversible!

P.S. it is baylee's 16th birthday tomorrow!! i can't wait to celebrate. we have some fun things planned i'll blog about later!

12 comments:

janet said...

cute, cute! Can't wait to hear about the big sweet 16 birthday celebration!! Happy Birthday Baylee!

SUMMER said...

You are too much Karlin! Mrs. Crafty... way to go!!!

kennyandkristin said...

Very cute...where do you find the time?

Stephanie said...

Totally cute, I love it!!! I wish that I knew how to sew.

Cathy said...

Cute bag! I think your more crafty then you give yourself credit for.

melissa said...

Sew cute!

HA HA! Get it?

cory and tara said...

Way cute bag! Looks like you guys have had lots of fun this month!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

CUte bag..Ive been wanting to learn how to sew forever too..just so overwhelmed by it!!

Shaundee said...

Hey, I finally caught up on all of your posts. I can't believe all that has gone on in your life recently. Give Jason our best, hope he is doing well. I loved your post dedicated to Jason. I agree Jason is so amazing. Steven is always talkig to me about how hard working and dedicated Jason is. You should be proud and brag all you want :) And P.S. we feel your pain about the Construction Industry...have to love it! Take care and I still want to get our kids together to play soon. Love ya, Shaundee

Di said...

Love the colors. I agree with you... sewing is harder than expected. I have a sewing machine collecting dust that I need to use. Good job!

Azy said...

WOW! looks great! i would love to take a class like that! the ties skirt is coming along. I have purchased 5 neck ties. just a few more to go.

val said...

oh karlin, it's so cute. way to go!