Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

I just wanted to share my little testimony of this GREAT prophet... What a sweet, humble, inspiring man he was. I'm so grateful for his counsel in my life. When I first got married I read his book "Standing for Something." I grew such a love and appreciation for him after reading this book. My testimony grew and it truly made me want to be a better person. I also have the "BE's" displayed in my home. He truly taught how we should "BE" as people. I am also grateful for his Book of Mormon challenge! I didn't think I could do it but I did. I had honestly never sat and read the Book of Mormon like I did (in order to finish) and my life was truly blessed. I really did need to gain a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon and I did after his challenge. President Hinckley will always have a special place in my heart. I'm so happy he can be reunited with his wife although he will be deeply missed! (my friend Francine framed the above picture for me for my birthday and I love it... what a great gift Fran!)

2 comments:

janet said...

It such a blessing to have a prophet alive for 12 years.. we were all able to connect with him, especially because those years were so significant in our lives. How lucky we are to have had his influence! Love you, Karlin!

ps. the gift from Fran was so thoughtful and means even more to me now that he's gone!

Tracy said...

I had the same experience with the Book of Mormon challenge. I will miss him a lot. He is my favourite prophet.