Thursday, January 31, 2008

Market to Market to furniture shop!

I have 2 wonderful Aunts that are very successful interior designers. They are experts in the industry. I love all their advice! They invited me to go to Market in Las Vegas. Market is a furniture show only for wholesale/large buyers. It has all the latest and greatest. I thought it would be fun to get away for 2 days and shop and get ideas. Unfortunately, my Aunt Michelle couldn't go last minute because her husband had some health problems so it was just my Aunt Deann and I! There were 2 buildings... one with 10 floors and one with 16 floors, 2 LARGE tents, and 2 floors at the MGM Grand full of furniture and all the home decor you could ever imagine! You practically had to run from place to place in order to see everything. My legs are still killing me from all the walking. (I have shin splints and I wore my converse) It was so OVERWHELMING... so much cool stuff! I want to redecorate my whole house. The other fun part was all the vendors were catering to the buyers so we got free food, drinks,tote bags, and treats everywhere we went. We ate it up... we figured we walked it all off. It was a lot of fun, just tiring! Here are a couple of pics of just some of the stores I liked... there were so many!




My best friend, Janet, lives in Vegas and she came and picked us up after the first day and we went to dinner. We talked non stop for over 3 hours... they were ready to kick us out of the restaraunt. It was the highlight of my trip. I always LOVE talking, laughing and crying with this girl! (Thanks for picking us up, Janet, and thank you, Aaron, for watching the kids!)

Deann and I


MORE FURNITURE
Those are my bookshelves!

Look at all that fun stuff!


I love that table!

Grabbing dinner before our flight... it was delish and we had a view of a GIANT aquarium with huge fish and sharks. It was a fun trip. Now back to reality and my kids. (I really did miss them, my 2 days away).

8 comments:

Newmans said...

I'm jealous, that would seriously be my dream to go to a show like that! It looks like you had a lot of fun and saw a ton of cute stuff!

janet said...

I was overwhelmed just by looking at all the pictures!! Seriously what a trip. Feel free to redecorate your home anytime.. I will take all the hand-me-downs!

It was great to see you (as it ALWAYS is!)

SUMMER said...

My friend Lindsey went to it a few years ago and still talks about it! I would die to go!!! It looks amazing! I need a new kitchen table and crib right now so I am so jealous! So.... tell us what you got???

Sara Decker said...

What a fun getaway. All of the pictures are so cute, such great stuff. Were you able to shop, or just look? I'm not sure how shows like that work. Just so you know, your house is cuter than any of that stuff....your house is beautiful.

val said...

Oh my gosh....this looks like so much fun. How cool to get so many great ideas. We're down here in SL...let's get together!

Extraordinary Housewife said...

What fun Karlin! I can't imagine a better shopping experience :) Hope all is well with you. Lana

Roney Family said...

How awesome to be able to get away and also to see awesome furniture and get ideas. That is pretty lucky! Looks like you had fun!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Everytime I see Janet it reminds me of math class and how much better she was than me!