Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

We have a few Christmas Eve traditions. For dinner we make deli sandwiches on croissants (easy but good), and I attempt to make my Mom's potato salad (everyone's favorite). We read the nativity and act it out and then we get to open one gift, which is... of course, pajamas. We included Jason's family in on the traditions...

Weston, not quite sure what it means when we say... "Santa is coming!"

Avaree as Mary (this girl loves to role play, we've been acting this out all month!)

Griffin as Joseph, Weston as baby Jesus, Avaree as Mary, (nothing like silky blankets as props)

Baby Jesus (Avaree insisted we use the bin as a manger)

Josie (Jason's lil sis) as the angel

Look at my Christmas Eve present!

Cousins in matching PJs

Josie, Linda, and Paulette (Jason's Mom and sisters) in their PJs

This is SO classic because we LOVE Dr Pepper in this household, especially Jason. In fact a little too much. Jason picked out the PJs himself, but guess what his New Year's resolution is... NO MORE DP! And he has a lot riding on this resolution. He bet his friend $1000 bucks, so I'm not going to let him fail. The problem is I'm not ready to give it up, but he has to. It's not good for him and his high blood pressure. I'm going to be so proud if he can do it!

more Christmas jammies

Baylee and I got cute sweat suits that we could wear EVERYDAY in this cold!

3 comments:

janet said...

So glad you posted pictures. Love Jason's pjs. And that's awesome that he's quitting. How rude that you aren't with him... but way to stay true to yourself if you can't commit. I am sure he will be able to do it.. not because of the $1000, but his own pride will keep him going. He will not lose! Love the Nativity scene pictures.. especially Weston in the bin. And I am so glad you have a pic of you and Baylee together. Cute, cute!

Jill Bowcutt said...

How fun to have so many visitors! That picture of your little guy in the bin is so funny. I love it. I've been trying to get Jared off of Diet Coke for years. Let me know how it turns out!

Tristie hearts Dax said...

loved reading your Christmas post. Except I didn't quite understand when you said "Look at My Christmas eve present"...So was that plastic wrap on your husband's head YOUR PJs? Karlin, I think that is more of a present for HIM. : ) Oh, and please let us know if he gets the 1000 bucks!