Friday, December 7, 2007

Decorating for Christmas

I was putting up garland when I heard Avaree say, "Mommy, look at me. I have long green hair!"


This year was the first year that I was ready to give up and get a fake Christmas tree. It just seems so much easier to put your tree up the day after Thanksgiving with the lights already on and know that it will look perfect, but Baylee would NOT let me give up on our tradition of getting a REAL tree together. So on Monday night we went and got a tree and got some hot cocoa after to warm us up. I have to admit, it is a fun tradition that I'm glad we didn't give up on. I just wish real trees wouldn't die so fast. They said to put a can of sprite and 3 advil in the water. We will see if that helps.

Weston and Baylee at the tree lot
Baylee and Griffin all bundled
Avaree at McDonald's afterwards
Who knew that McDonalds served hot chocolate?
My ornament stealer in action
Pretending to be a Christmas tree... are anyone else's kids hyper?? I think Avaree can feel the excitement in the air!


3 comments:

janet said...

I LOVE the pictures!! What a fun tradition to do together. My kids aren't really hyper but I am. I couldn't go to sleep last night until 3 am. Seriously, I have problems! I am so excited for Christmas.

Tristie hearts Dax said...

darling avaree. that looks so fun. it is more fun to go get the tree. you have to have the energy and be in the mood, because it IS more work!

val said...

real trees are much more of a pain but they are so fun to have in your home once they are all set up and lit! you must take your camera everywhere too...i love it!
p.s. logan has NO snow. isn't that crazy?? i can't believe you guys got dumped on and we didn't get anything...not yet anyway.