Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bean Museum/Ice Skating

The Saturday after all the company left we actually had a day to spend as a family and I didn't feel like cleaning yet, so we went to the Monte L. Bean museum on BYU campus. They have a bunch of 'real' stuffed animals. It's free, cheap entertainment that the kids love. I'm sure a lot of you have been there. Afterwards we grabbed a bite to eat and then went ice skating. It was a low stress night. There are a lot of pictures because there were so many cute ones.

BEAN MUSEUM
Avaree loving every minute of being this close to the animals!

Jason and Griff with the big buffalo

Every time I pull out my camera, this is the face Weston makes. I love it! He also makes it every night at the dinner table. He really knows how to get our attention.

Avaree and I... aren't the animals great? It's totally FREE!

Baylee and Brady with the bear
ICE SKATING
Avaree trying to ice skate

Av with the big boys... this girl gets TOO much attention!

All bundled
I have to say the highlight of the night was when Jason dared my brother, Brady, to tag this pro skater (or so he thought). He was straight from Blades of Glory... long thin blonde hair that flowed in the wind as he skated, wearing all denim. I wish I had a picture. Brady tagged him and the guy said, "Are you sure you want to do this?" It was hilarious. They played a couple rounds of tag. Good job Brady for being brave and making us laugh!

We figured it out, it was much easier to just push Avaree on a cone... she loved it but it wasn't too good for Jason's back. Makes for a cute picture though.

This was Griffin the whole time. He was such a good sport because he really tried but he didn't leave the wall once. The picture and face says it all!

Wes was by far the best skater of us all... all his years playing hockey paid off.

Jason and I taking a stroll down memory lane. This was actually the first place we held hands and this was our first time back. We actually weren't even dating when we held hands. We just went skating with a group of friends... in fact, Jason had a girl on each hand, but I didn't want to fall and he really did like me!

3 comments:

janet said...

We LOVE the Bean Museum but didn't find out about it until after we moved away from Provo. Such a fun place! They do little scavenger hunts for the kids too. Such cute pics! I love Weston's face. and ice skating looks like so much fun! especially the tag dare. Jason is good for your bros... he always gets them to do crazy things.

and love the hand holding story. I never knew that! Did you see I tagged you?

The Wall Family said...

Looks like a fun day. One year we went ice skating with my family, I thought I was a pretty good ice skater.... Jared got out there and he skated circles around me. Turns out I stink. Who knew.

The Shupe Ohana said...

that sounds like so much fun. It looks like you guys had agreat christmas full house and all. Yep it is pretty crazy about mom and dad and the house. The house they bought is actually right next door to emily so it will work out good especially while they are on there mission, which by the way they got there call yesterday to Sierra leone africa, ya mom is pretty nervous about it, but excited. it should be quite the adventure. k love ya, happy new year.